For all the people who wants to make new worlds and design its own street, they are a new app: Streetmix.
Scathing critiques, design statements, dreamscapes, even things that could be called streets only with huge suspension of disbelief… here’s a small selection of your creations that made us laugh.
More examples of Streetmix being used to tackle real-world street issues (cited in Streetmix Tumblr)
- At the end of a visually arresting analysis of street design in Oklahoma, The University of Oklahoma invites people to redesign main streets using Streetmix
- More activity in Oklahoma City: Urban Lake Effect presents a vision for North Lincoln Blvd
- Not far away from Code for America San Francisco offices, a battle is being fought over Polk Street (pictured above), and Urban Life Signs looks closely into it with the help of Streetmix
- What if Carrboro, NC’s main street went on a road diet?
- In Washington, DC, a detailed analysis of whether cycletrack would fit on the M Street
- On the other side of the ocean, re-imagining Father Griffin Road in Ireland’s Galway City
- And last but not least, Streetmix has been used to redesign Mitcham Lane in London – and there’s also a petition to make Mitcham Lane more safe. Good luck!