The 20th century has been a time of huge changes for the most part of the biggest cities of the world, with millions of people moving from countries to urban areas and the capitalism transforming the economy of the entire world.
Even if we all know that the development has been huge, seeing the images of how much the world has actually changed is really impressive.
In the following gallery you will see 18 of the cities that have been mostly affected by the incredible urbanization of the last century. We are sure that many of these photos will leave you speechless.
Which one transformation impresses you the most? Tell us in the comments!
1. New York, USA, 1876-1932-1988-2013
2. Long Beach, USA, 1953-2009
3. Dubai, UAE, 1990-2013
4. Los Angeles, USA, 1970-2014
5. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1990-2014
6. Shenzen, China, 1980-2011
7. Singapore, 1990-2014
8. Jakarta, Indonesia, 1965-2005
9. Athens, Greece, 1860-2010
10. Toronto, Canada, 1930-2014
11. Panama City, Republic of Panama, 1930-2010
12. Hong Kong, 1920-2000
13. Fortaleza, Brazil, 1975-2011
14. Shanghai, China, 1990-2014
15. Paris, France, 1900-2012
16. Venice, Italy, 1970-2010
17. Sydney, Australia, 1930-2014
18. Tokyo, Japan, after WWII in 1945 and 2013
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)